Thursday, July 28, 2011

OWH Sketch #79 Week of July 24, 2011 - Bison/Buffalo

The weather was nice today so I decided to move my photo studio outdoors - the light is always so much better there anyway!! I always thought I was great at taking photos until I started taking stills for my blog - talk about a whole new world. Oh well - I guess there is always something new to learn -I know it keeps my life interesting!!
I made this one for the OWH Sketch #79!  I know I'm running late this week - you have to work with the time you have right?  I was stuck at the DMV all day.   I've got to get going on that water challenge!!!   I just used a simple kraft paper and some colored paper scraps I had on hand.  I embossed the bison to give some texture and love the way the fur around his neck looks raised.  I finished it off with a button and some twine to keep it masculine.
I fell in love with this Buffalo stamp while my husband and son were on a trip to Yellowstone with a group of scouts.  I think it really captures the spirit of the west and is a symbol of our nation.   I know it's a bison - but buffalo has stuck in my  brain.
I hope you like it!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Bison - Stampin' Up! Sentiment - Just Rite
Embossing Powder: ZIng Chestnut Brown
Ink: Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo
                                                                                                                     

1 comment:

Julie said...

Awesome card, Jeanne! Love the way that bison looks embossed. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!