Monday, July 25, 2011

WMSC #57 - July 23, 2011 - Pink Birthday Card


Welcome to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for the week of July 23!  Hope everyone is having a great summer.   It is still hot here in the midwest - I know it could be worse right - it could be raining?  Well hey guess what.... it's RAINING!
I don't let the weather get to me so it's no matter - more time to have fun in my scrappy play land!!  I'm so glad the kiddos are back home.  I think family is what makes a house a home - so I feel complete again!

This weeks sketch challenge was exactly that for me - a challenge.  As mentioned, I'm limited in my WMS designs - I'm working on that - I ordered some of the fabulous new sets last week.  I can't wait to get my hands on them!!!   I like to use the nifty "shoulder" stamps Claire designed for cool borders.  Check out this one using the Vintage Labels 10 shoulder.....
I don't have anyone particular in mind for this card, but that is ok because to me the best part of participating in the sketch challenge is that I'm using the stamps now while I LOVE the images instead of waiting for an occassion - and I have a great card now so I am ready for a birthday I might have neglected to write on the calendar.

Products Used:
Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It Loud, Circle Accent - Vintage Labels 5, Shoulder Accent - Vintage Labels 10
Die Cuts Spellbinders Labels 10, Circles, Classic Rectangles
Button:  Bazill
Ribbon:  Seam Binding Hug Snug Baby Pink
Patterend Paper:  My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Collection Market Street "Lovely" Shabby Chic
Ink:  Momento: Rose Bud, Ranger / Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen

9 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Gollygeewhillickers, Jeanne! Is that a real word? HEE! This card is so amazing! I absolutely LOVE how you used Labels 10, and am so glad that I own this set already so I can try your idea some day! I love the colors and the design, and the way you used those awesome medallion images, too! SO PRETTY!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Jeanne! Your card is gorgeous! Love the WM border and pretty patterned paper! Thanks for the inspiration and for joining along with the WMSC :)

Deborah Frings said...

This is so beautiful! I really like the papers you've used and the way you've incorporated the lovely Labels 10 - brilliant!

Gabi MeWi said...

Makes me speechless...

Julia Aston said...

Pretty rose paper on this Jeanne - love the stampings for your lower border!! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Helen Berry said...

Oooo, this is just gorgeous. great use of the vintage 10 "shoulders"!!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely card!! Papers are delicious and lower border is fabulous and clever!!!

JJ Bolton said...

Jeanne, your card is fantastic! Love how you used the circles and the frames for the border. Just beautiful!

Monika Lerch said...

Eine superschöne Karte. Ein Traum.Werde ich bestimmt mal nachwerkeln.

Liebe Grüße
Moni