Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch 134 - September 24, 2011 - Halloween

Hi!  I hope everyone is having a great day!  It's cold and raining here, but I still managed to take the dog for a walk.  Suzy Snowflake will be visiting us before you know it   -   ;) Deb!

I found another sketch challenge to try out - this one is from the Card Patterns Sketch blog - you can get the detail at : http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/09/sketch-135.html.  One random winner will receive the Stampin' Up! set called Sprinkles. 

 I'm working on Halloween cards to send out and I thought this one would be neat with four monsters in each of the circles - this is what I came up with..
I stamped everything in black and then tried to dress up each one.  The girl skeleton had a stamped bow on her head - I just covered the bow with tape, inked it up, removed the tape and stamped the image.  I made a bow out of ribbon and glued it in place.  For her eye I glued on a google eye.  In the spider web I stuck a little spider button and glued gems for eyes.  I colored everything in with my slowly growing set of Copics (I'm starting to figure out what colors I need -  I'm learning lighter is better and trying to resist the brighter colors I am attracted to.)

I took a close up photo of the bow so you can see it a little better - the black is hard to photograph.  I took some craft thread - the kind my daughter uses to braid friendship bracelets. (Shhh don't tell her where I got it!) and strung a few ebeads on it for a little more sparkle.  The stamps are all Studio G from the dollar bin at Michael's  craft store.  What a great value at $1 each.    Hope you like it and you find some time to play along!

Supplies Used:   Finished Size is 5" x 7"
All Stamps:  Studio G
Glitter Paper:  K & Co
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Border, Standard CIrcles, Inverted Scallope Circles
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Black
Brad:  Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby
Markers:  Copic

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely love this Halloween card - such fun! Love the pink bow on the skull, and her goggly eye! The bow and beaded threads - just fab!

Sorry to hear about the rain - it's fab here - for a change! I'm making the most of it!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun spooktacular card Jeanne! Lovin' all the spooky images!

Cathy Weber said...

I love all the attention to detail you made on each image. That bow was a cute touch, really nice Halloween card.

Pauline said...

This is such a fun card, love the little Halloween images and that fabulous bow!

Tigriswillreign said...

This is the most perfect interpretation of this sketch! I love your colors, images and bow!!

Monique said...

This is a excellent Halloween card...Love the 4 punched out circles with all the spooky images.. and your bow is perfect..Great take on the sketch :)