Thursday, September 1, 2011

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Anything BUT Glitter - Princess Card

This week's throwdown challenge is anything but glitter - which got me thinking about how frustrated that got me the first time I read it.  I was so used to glamming up cards with glitter and glitter paper that it was a hard habit to break.  Since then I have come up with lots of creative ways to keep the glam that I love - embossing, foil paper, snaps, brads, eyelets, crystals, and bows. 

For this week's challenge I decided to interpret it as "bling it up" with "anything but glitter" and there is no one I would rather bling up a card for than the little ladies.  I've got to think there's quite a few princesses out there that would be thrilled to get a special note home from mom or dad on a sparkly card made just for them! 


To top off the wand I used a deep pink star rhinestone (you can see it better in the close up) and I added just a hint of Ranger/Tim Holtz Rock Candy on the edges of the clouds to give them a little more depth.  I hope you like it.  Remember if I get a good response I always make at least 20 more to send off to OWH.

Products Used:
Die Cuts:  Castle, Clouds (from 2 x 2 Rainbow) and Wand - Quickutz (now Lifestyle Crafts), Ribbon Banners - Spellbinders
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix
Stamp: Studio G
Ranger/Tim Holtz Rock Candy Stickles

5 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Jeanne this is so cute, I love it! I'm so glad you have life after glitter :) and make beautiful cards for OWH. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

Paula S. said...

This is just adorable! What a great way to add bling without using glitter. Someone's little Princess is gonna love getting this card.

Scrapacat said...

Make 20 more! This is fantastic. Great way to bling up a Princess and still keep her hero safe. I love all the texture!

Jen M said...

this is ADORABLE! Definately make more. My daughters would love this card.

Mona Pendleton said...

How fun Jeanne! Love the darling castle and Princess theme!