Tuesday, September 6, 2011

OWH Sketch #85 - Week of 9-4-11 Botanical

 
Operation Write HomeI hope everyone had a great Labor Day EXTENDED weekend!   My son let us know he asked a young lady to the Homecoming Dance this upcoming weekend so we spent lots of time running around to make him presentable - new suit, shoes, ordering flowers etc.  Funny I don't think all the running around is what is making me feel OLD!

This is the OWH Sketch Challenge 85 for the week of 9-4-11.  I think it is just the perfect way to highlight a gorgeous piece of paper or a fabulous stamp - it's like a big blank canvas. 
I loved this bottanical paper by 7 Gypsies and was reluctant to use it on a layout that would cover up all the great drawings.  The whole pad reminds me of a beautifully drawn field journal.  I like to spend time outdoors and am always curious about the different birds, insects, and even plants I encounter - so it is not unusual to find me with a field guide close at hand.  I hope you like this one and use this great design to make something fabulous!
Products used:
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Petite Ovals
Stamps:  Thinking of You - Stampin' Up!, Mesh Background Stampabilities
Ink:  Momento Rich Cocoa , Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Ink Antique Linen
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix Diamond and Tropical Paisley Set
Patterened Paper:  7 Gypsies Conservatory 6x6 pad

3 comments:

Julie said...

Awesome card, Jeanne! Love that botanical paper! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! Love the pretty patterned paper!

Jen M said...

Very pretty! Love those papers and the embossing!