Tuesday, November 1, 2011

WMSC 71 - October 29, 2011 - Christmas Wishes


First I want to say thanks so much  for your kind comments and for wishing me well as I recover from my cold!  I think this is the worst one I've ever had - I don't know if the germs are getting stronger or if I'm getting weaker!!  It's been two weeks and I'm still left with a sore throat and lots of coughing!  I do feel much better though and I expect to be getting back in the swing of things!  I appreciate your wishing me well - it really meant alot to me when I'd get out of bed and check email and see what's going on in the blogosphere! 
WMS-71

I'm starting out a new week fresh and for me that means the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!  This is the sketch for this week by Kelly Schirmer. 

When I saw the design I knew I wanted a big impact stamp on the bottom half so I went for my Big Bloom Poinsettia stamps and colored the flower in bright red.  I colored pearls with a Copic to get them the right shade of gold for the flower center, and added silver foil accents for some Christmas sparkle.  


My sentiment comes from the new Seasonal Remedies set.  I simply taped off the area of the stamp I didn't want to use, inked it up, peeled off the tape and then stamped the sentiment.  This is a great card for mailing because it isn't too puffy and I don't have to worry about smashing any bows!  I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.  Have a great week!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5 x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse:  Big Bloom Poinsettia, Seasonal Remedies
Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Fancy Tags Three, Floral Flourishes
Markers:  Copic R08, R20, R46, RV29,  Y15, YR12, YR24, YG01, YG03, YG45
Patterened Paper:  My Minds Eye Lost & Found Two Rosy Collection
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix Starry Night #2 from Sugar & Starry Night Set Basic Grey

17 comments:

Pauline said...

This is so beautiful Jeanne, love those silver flourishes, and the amazing big poinsettia! Gorgeous!

anya said...

This is gorgeous! I love that bright, bold poinsettia - it is stunning combined with the silver touches! I hope you're starting to feel better!

Majo said...

This is one very special card!

Auntie Em said...

Glad you are recovering! Love your pretty card. The colours looks so awesome with the metallic sparkle.
Thanks for sharing... just the card, not the cold! :D

Deborah Frings said...

Glad to hear that you're getting better. I think your poinsettia is just wonderful - love the sentiment label too!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a beauty!!! Love your design - such perfect take on the sketch and such a FABULOUS Christmas card - LOVE it!

Cathy Weber said...

The floral flourishes and the fancy tags are so striking on this card, the coloring is spot on once again. My first thought was this was stamped on colored paper, but realizing you colored it makes it that much more gorgeous in my mind. I love that little corner piece and the metallic glow to the flourishes. Glad you are feeling a little better.

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Jeanne! Sending you get well wishes! Your card is so beautiful! Love the big Poinsettia and the metallic embellishments! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Gorgeous job with all the red and the silver is PERFECT, great job! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Pauline said...

Thanks for the heads up Jeanne, I hadn't got round to checking this morning! I'm feelin greatly rough today with all these winter bugs going about, and this has just perked me up! Hope you are feeling better too xx

Pauline said...

Oh dear, just read my message back, and it should say I'm feeling really rough lol, not greatly rough! Although I quite like the sound of that! X

Kelly S. said...

WOWZERS! That poinsettia is plum for picking, so realistic and bold! The ticking stripe background is awesome, and I just love the intricate flourishes to match that gorgeous label on the top. FAB JEANNE!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love the silver accents! They are so perfect, they look like mirrors!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, the poinsettia is gorgeous...luv this...hope you have a super day!

enjoy *~*

Renee said...

WOW!!
Stunning!
Love that poinsettia...
and how do you get the shiny accents?
Are you embossing and what embossing powder are you using...
mine is never that brilliant?
Truly stunning Jeanne...
love this!
And glad to hear you're feeling better...
hope you're soon back to 100%...
though you can't tell there's been illness by your cards!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO lovely Jeanne! what a wonderful red poinsettia and I love the silver labels die for the sentiment!

Clare said...

This is so gorgeous, the poinsettia looks brilliant! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at the WMSC! : )