Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Serendipity Blog Challenge - February 8, 2012 - Easter Basket

Hi and welcome to the Serendipity Stamps Easter Blog Hop!  Easter is always one of my favorite times of year because it means winter is over and life is renewed to my part of the world.  I am ready for the celebration of spring and longing for all the plants and flowers in my yard.  



The card  I made today features the Judy's Easter Basket set.  I started by stamping the basket image with Momento Rich Cocoa - I think this enhances the natural colors of the basket image better than black would.  Next I colored the image with Copic markers.  I then took a glue pen and carefully drew over the dots and stripes on the eggs in the basket, and added lots of colorful glitter.
I made a post bow with a double layer of seam binding, topped that with a twine post bow, and then topped that with a sweet pearl embellished brad.

I hope you'll check out the other designs the Serendipity design team members came up with!  What a great way to get a jump start on your Easter cards!   Just click on the ladies names below to view their blogs!


Thanks for stopping by for a peek - THINK SPRING!!!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  6" x 6"
Stamps Serendipity Judy's Easter Basket 702QCL
Dies:  Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frame 8 and 3
Paper:  K&Co. Cut n' Paste Collection
Markers: Copic E23, 33, 37, BG53, C0, 01, B24, B32, YR00, 12, 65, R81, 22, YG13, 61, Y31
Hug Snug Seam BInding Elegant Peacock Blue
Twinery Caribbean Twine
Glitter Martha Stewart Crafts
Brad K & Co.

7 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Great work. Love the glitter on the eggs, and that giant bow!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Jeanne! Love the shimmery eggs!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne, I love the papers, and the gorgeous spring basket! And that fabulous bow!

Cathy Weber said...

What a good job you did coloring this basket Jeanne, it looks so realistic and love all the sparkle on the eggs. I especially like the bow with the twine looped on top of it, very creative.

Miriam said...

We used the same image, how fun! Love your bright colors, glitter and big bow!

JJ Bolton said...

Looks like a blast to color! I absolutely love that blue bow! That blue color is fantastic!

Christina said...

Beautiful coloring, especially with the touches of glitter. I am swooning over that gorgeous bow, too!