Saturday, September 29, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas - September Edition


Are you ready for another edition of the 12 Kits of Christmas?  Just to refresh your memory, the group consists of 12 designers.  Each month one member of the group provides paper crafting supplies to the remaing 11.  We all receive the same supplies to work with and then post our creations on the same day.   It is fun to see how we all use the products differently.

Our hostess this month is Kara from K & R Designs.  Kara's style is really the opposite of mine.  She has a clean style and lets the elements shine without a whole lot of other distractions.  Still she threw in enough bling and embellishments to keep a fussy girl like me happy!  Check out this goodie bag full of My Mind's Eye Paper, felt die cut pennants, wine, ribbon, brads and bling!  She even took things in a new direction this month - she gave us everything we needed to create a little holiday planner to help keep us organized in the coming months! 

I fell in love with the sweet birds with the party hats and had to make one the center of attention on my planner.  The twine wraps around the back and wraps around the layered buttons to close.  I added a die cut gold leaf flourish to perch this little sparrow in. 
Well, I hope you liked them - but honestly you ain't seen nothin' yet!! Why not check out what the other members of the 12 Kits of Christmas came up with this month. You can jump to their blog by clicking on their names below (listed by month).

Kara September (Our Hostess this Month)
Jessica October
Jeanne (That's Me!) November
Sharron December
Renee January
Cathy February
Suzanne March
Marybeth April
Joyce May
Amy June
Christina July
Kim August


Thanks for stopping by for a peek! Have a fantastic day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:
My Mind's Eye All is Bright Stamps 6x6" paper, Decorative Brads, Twine and Faceted Rhinestones

Papertrey Ink:  Card stock Kraft, Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy
Stamps:  Banner Builders, Take Note
Dies:  Mat Stak 3, Fillable Frames #10, Wonderful Words Holiday, Limitless Layers Circles, Banner Builders, Hexagon Cover Plate
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, Fine Linen, Aqua Mist
Other:  Vintage Cream Notepads, Fine Linen Felt, Circle Dome Stickers
Ribbons:  Pure Poppy Saddle Stitch
Buttons:  Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, White, Simply Chartreuse
Misc:  Doily
Things I added to Kara's Kit 
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix Sheet Music Tim Holtz from Postcard & Sheet Music Set
Foil Paper:  Graffix Gold
Ink:  Versamagic Sea Breeze
Dotted Scallop Border Punch EK Success
Misc:   Wood Button
Die:  Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish

17 comments:

Joyce said...

Well, you took this kit, and really made it your own. I love how you did the banner, putting different embellishments on the felt flags. I wish I had thought of that! And, your holiday planner is wonderful--that birdie is going to keep you organized and on track this holiday season.

Marybeth said...

You defiantly knew how to use the kit to the fullest! I love your banner card and all the( distractions!)
Beautiful! Your notebook is gorgeous and very dolled up. Your last card is very pretty with the beautiful bow. Now I am off to see what you have in Oct CARDs .

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness, your holiday planner is a stunning piece of art! So many wonderful and beautiful details, just amazing! Your cards are just as amazing too, so many fun and festive touches, just beautiful.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne, your fussy cutting is fantastic. LOVE your planner and that last card has such dimension, gorgeous!

Pauline said...

These are so beautiful and fresh Jeanne! Gorgeous cards!

Renee said...

Of course they're gorgeous...
I would be on the wrong blog otherwise!:)
Love what you did with all the goodies...
though I have to admit jealousy...
I didn't get the birdie! :(
But you constantly amaze me with your vision and creativity...
stunning! :)

Kara said...

Gorgeous!! Your planner is just about the most perfect thing!! Stunning really! And your banner card with all of those cut out elements just makes me say WOW!

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne....your planner is stunning! I love how you cut the bird out, it looks so realistic! I just love it! The Joyeux Noel card looks so great with the doily and the red frame stamped on the mat, I love the extra little "all is bright" banner too :) And again on the first card, I love how you cut out part of the paper, and popped it over the ribbon, the banner looks fabulous with the added bling, and I love that multiple twine bow you made, I need a tutorial on those!

Lisa Minckler said...

I see you still haven't come up for air yet..LOL..you are just crazy busy with creating and each one of them is a stunning work of art! Incredible job my friend, these inspired me to get off my duff and get busy!
p.s. I agree with you, I had a wee bit of a 'crush' on Mikhail myself (blush) insert school girl giggle here (....). :D
hugs,
Lisa xx

Cathy Weber said...

You made the same kit I received look totally different! I love that little doily on the first card and that you added epoxy stickers to the banner. Those hexagons and cute looped twin bow really stood out too. Your planner looks so nice with the paper pieced bird and those gold leaves! Darn, but you think of the neatest elements to add. The big poofy bow and candy stripe paper with the big doily looks so great on the last card, love the brad you used on the bow too. Fabulous job using Kara's kit...I forsee some caseing in my future with these!

Amy Kolling said...

I seriously couldn't wait to see your post with Kara's goodies and you did not disappoint!! Love how you used all the sweet embellishments and in such creative ways!! Gorgeous projects!!

Sharron said...

Wow, these are all SO festive! Love seeing how beautifully you have combined all the embellishments and papers. Love the gold with the bird on your planner! Your banners are so pretty with the added trims and I love your gorgeous bow on the last card!

JJ Bolton said...

I love everything you've done here Jeanne! I'm totally borrowing the red/ice blue combo! Kara did a wonderful job choosing the mix of modern and vintage elements in this month's kit. I don't know which project I like more:) It's hard to resist a bird in a party hat!

Oscar said...

Stunning cards Jeanne and I love your holiday planner. The colours are beautiful, especially that beautiful aqua blue x

Christina said...

Oh how I wish I had your talent for perfectly balanced "fussiness"! Your projects are all gorgeous, but I am particularly smitten with that sweet banner and the dry brushing you did with the blue paint on the first card. Beautiful projects, as always!

Suzanne said...

I am in awe! You cut out the bird and went to town (I mean that in the BEST way) on that planner - I LOVE IT! You have totally made these in your own Jeanne style of perfection!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! What wonderful cards and I love the planner too! So fun to see all of the beauty you created with the kit! So fun and you end up with all of your Christmas cards already made! I haven't made one yet!!!