Monday, March 4, 2013

Stampin Royalty #165 Cupcakes

Monday again... I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Mine was mostly quiet - everyone else was running in and out doing their thing but for the most part I stayed grounded and got things done.  I got to be lazy after all the cooking I did for the bake sale on Friday.  I still manged to make some peanut butter cookies for my family on Saturday along with pulled pork, and some ham and asparagus quiche on Sunday.  My mom and dad popped in for a visit this afternoon so I am feeling behind - that's what I get for waiting til the last minute to take photos and write up my blog.   Actually I am not a procrastinator - weekends are family time so I usually spend them off line.    A big snow storm is supposed to hit us tomorrow leaving up to 10" - so I figured I should get caught up in the event of a power outage.


I saw the sketch at Stampin Royalty and wanted to play along.  I haven't played around much with these new cupcake dies from Serendipity and they fit perfect with the sketch.  I just turned it on it's side and made my card a little larger - so they'd all fit in a row with a bow.   This is a fun sketch that with endless possibilities.  I just thought what's better than one cupcake?  Well three of course!
I cut the dies from foil paper and popped out the cuts.  Next I laid them on some packaging tape and trimmed around the outer edge.  Next I cut the dies in pink - and put the inserts inside their frames.  The cuts in the wrapper I filled with silver glitter.

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4 x 9.25"
Stamps:  Serendipity Happy Birthday 471QCL from Everyday Words Large
Die Cuts:  Serendipity Cupcake
Border Punch:  FIskars Scallop
Pattern Paper:  Echo Park Live is Good Collection "Set The Table" & "Grandmas Quilt"
Card Stock:  Stampin Up! Pretty In Pink, Silver Foil Paper AC Specialty Crafts, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
Versafine Ink Onyx Black
Extras:  Silver Glitter, Ribbon 1/2" Stitched Poly Ribbon in Blushing Bride By Stampin Up

7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne perfect for that sketch and those foil cupcakes are yummy!

Diane said...

What a pretty card! I love the silver embossed cupcakes....neat idea! And your bow is perfect!

Kara said...

super cute..love that bow! congrats on the wplus9 win!

Marybeth said...

Leave it to you to come up with the foil cupcake liners. Love this card Jeanne, and how it is on the longer side. Its gorgeous with the pretty patterned paper you chose. You are such a good daughter and mother. I agree, family time on weekend , if they are home. Great take on the sketch!

~Tammy~ said...

Do you ever stop being clever!?! I hope you try out for Gallery Idol whenever that rolls around because you got what it takes!

Georgeann Manning said...

Love everything about this! Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with us for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Those cupcakes are divine! What a great look!