Monday, July 1, 2013

Paper Sweeties Sketch Challenge #9 - Celebrate

Wow I can't believe it's July 1st already!  Summer's off to a good start.  The garden is looking good from all the rain we've had lately and we are just starting to get into the routine of sleeping later and staying up later too!  I'm grilling out most nights and enjoying the sunshine.  My dog isn't crazy about it - sometimes I keep her in the air conditioned house while I soak up some rays!  She still gives me the eye like I'm a bad mom and I am abandoning her - but I know her fur coat makes her miserable in the summer.  If only she could understand what I'm saying!  HAHA!!

A new month means a new sketch challenge from Paper Sweeties.  Check out this one!   It looks like a party going on so I made mine a birthday card.  You can make yours into any theme you like!  Lots of possibilities here and of course the pennants don't have to be pennants - they can be whatever you like - maybe flowers or butterflies?  I used the banners and pennants from the "Fun Shapes" stamped on pattern paper and fussy cut.   I added some buttons and paper flowers to the pennants and some twine and a mini clip to hold them all up!

I hope you will visit the rest of the design team and see what they made for the challenge.  Just click on their names below!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!  

Jeanne
  
Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties Fun Shapes, Enjoy Your Day, Beautiful
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper Little Bo Peep 6x6" Pad
Card Stock PTI Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream
Dies:  Spellbinder Blossom Tags and Accents
Border Punch: EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Punch:  EK Success Real Estate Sign
Mini Clip, Buttons, and Pearls
Twine:  Strawberry Cupcake Timeless Twine
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Rosebud, SU! Pool Party

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

What a fun card! When I saw this ...this morning I was playing around with what I have trying to make a card.
Love your banners.

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great play off a primary palette, Jeanne; and I just love your patterned, horizontal, background strips! So pretty!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh yes, indeed I do believe I am totally smitten with your PS card! You used all the colors that make my heart go pitter patter! LOVE!

Peanut said...

What a fun way to play with banners! The colours are just scrumptious....yummy.
xxx Asha