Thursday, March 20, 2014

CASE Study 183 - Mendhi Thanks

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great day!  I've been keeping busy!   My daughter has a pot luck at school tonight that she just sprung on me so I suppose I'll be running to the store soon for everything I need for a big pan of macaroni and cheese.  If I've learned anything about college kids - they like to eat!  Tomorrow a few friends are coming over to play cards and I'll be cooking for them as well. 


It's Thursday!  That means we have a new challenge starting today at CASE Study.  Our muse this month is Joni Nina Andaya!   Look at this beautiful inspiration photo!  I think this might be one of those times that I have to explain how THIS turned into THAT.  If you look close you'll see lots of similarities.  I picked up on the stripes, detailed colored flowers, and open oval frame.  I just put my own little twist on it by adding the pattern paper background and extra embellishments.   I can't wait to see what this inspires you to do!  

Want to see what the rest of the design team did with this one?  Just click on their names to hop to their blog.   We have two guesties this month too Sarah Gough  and Kate Lorenzini 

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jeanne Jachna
Maureen Plut
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

Now it's your turn!  Let's get stampy!  I'll see you at CASE Study!  Have a great day!









Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Lil Inker Designs Modern Mendhi
Pattern Paper:  Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Collection "Sweet Chamomile" 12 x 12
Dies:  Lil Inker Modern Mendhi, Spellbinder Petite Ovals
Ink:  Copic Markers, Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
Button
Gems:  Recollections
Ribbon 5/8" Black Stripe Twill
Card Stock:  PTI White, New Leaf

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT Jeanne!! The greens, the flowers, the ribbon! Spot on and gorgeous!

Cathy Weber said...

I LOVE the coloring on this one Jeanne...and the flowers are stamped so perfectly within the die cuts...love the yellow and green shading on the leaves...so realistic! I always love your take on the CASE study challenges...no need to explain! I always get where you were going with them.

The Hardy Stamper said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne! I love the bright colours - it makes me happy!

Tracey McNeely said...

A gorgeous job of colouring Jeanne! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. Just like I love to see your cards--bright and cheery with lots of little details. Gosh, I am so happy that I have this set. Every time I see those flowers, I fall in love a little bit again.

Wida said...

wow, this composition and color selection makes it phenomenal. I think that ribbon grounds the whole thing too. Hands down phenomenal! I love that little flower in your signature too :)

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness Jeanne! This is one amazing and gorgeous card...I love the sweet colors and your coloring is so perfect! just ordered this set today, can't wait to case you!

Sharron said...

Jeanne, the green background is just fabulous! Love it--makes me think of Spring! And your flowers are gorgeous--so beautifully colored!