Wednesday, July 22, 2015

SSCB#45 Monochrome - Milkweed

Hi!  I hope everyone is doing good!  DH is still working crazy hours so my schedule is still UP side DOWN.  We're eating dinner for breakfast and have a few hours in the morning to ourselves.  I've got a few projects I'm working on too that are keeping me busy that I work on while he's napping.    

We took Miss Moriko in for her annual check up - she's a year old!  She did really well - no snarls or snaps.  I think our lady vet Doctor Farrell knows how to bribe the kiddos with treats!   Mori weighed in at 81.5 pounds but was probably more when she left. She's come a long way in the past year and we are all so very happy with her.  

Roger ran a 5K at Wolf Lake in Indiana and came in 3rd overall - second for his age group (19-24) and got to meet and have his photo taken with the Mayor of Hammond - Mayor McDermott, who also ran.




We're at the half way point of the latest Serendipity Stamps Challenge - Monochrome.   I always have trouble with color challenges.  I tend to think about the color more than what to make with it and get stuck.  I'll explain.... I thought I would start with brown and then add a pop of color.  I pulled neutral pattern papers and a detailed image (the milkweed) that I embossed in brown.  I assembled it all and then didn't add another color at all.  I decided that after adding the embellishments (sequins, button and twine) that it just didn't need anything else.  The stitched borders are from Pretty Pink Posh and are in stock at Serendipity Stamps.  The Mahogany sequins are the perfect finishing touch.
I wish you could see the shine of the embossing better - it makes you want to just run your finger over the smooth raised image! 
Want to see what the rest of the team did?  Just click on their names below.


I hope you'll join us at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog..... and oh yes... if you feel like shopping  you can receive a free Craft Pick with orders of $25 or more while supplies last.   It will be listed as one of the bonus products during checkout, you can add it to your shopping cart there. Click here to jump to the store.
  











Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamp: Serendipity Stamps Milkweed Large
Sequins: Mahogany (Serendipity Stamps)
Dies: Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders Three
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey "Basics" 12 x 12
The Twinery Cappuccino Twine
Button

9 comments:

pam said...

Jeanne! this is beautiful, love these colors and milkweed image, perfect with your embellishments.
Your Son did good, bet you're so proud of him.
Moriko sure looks big, what a weight!!! beautiful face.
I don't think I'd like dinner for breakfast..LOL poor you..
hugs Pam xxx

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Jeanne!!! Oh my goodness I adore this monochromatic masterpiece! You are so right - perfectly perfect, just the way it is!
=] Michele

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my gosh, he has your smile!!! Congratulations to your son and WOW...your fur baby is adorable and HUGE, but adorable, but HUGE, but still precious and I LOVE your monochromatic card AND all the comments you left on my blog. When you describe your world currently, I get this mental image of Dr. Seuss' world where the stairs go up and down and upside down and topsy turvy and everything is as it's not...LOL.
P.s Breakfast is good for ANY meal :)
Big hugs to you,
Lisa x

Marybeth said...

Congrats again to Roger! Yay for a well behaved pup this time:) she sure is gorgeous!
Your card is beautiful Jeanne, I love the tone on tone and your photo is amazing, love every part of this photo !

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your colors....and your stamped images are so beautiful. Love the photo of your son and puppy, so sweet.

Sharron said...

So pretty--love the neutrals! Miss Moriko is quite the armful but just gorgeous. Congrats to Roger on a successful run!

Joyce said...

Congratulations to your son and your dog. So much good news in this post. Love your card--the muted neutral color scheme gives it such a pretty vintage look.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Jeanne! Love the browns (a color I rarely use), & you did such a beautiful job w/ it. The added textures w/ the twine & border really pull it all together.