Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fusion Card Challenge - Falling Leaves Bouquet



Fall is in the air and a new challenge begins at Fusion Card Challenge.  I couldn't pick a better inspiration photo if I tried!  Gosh I just adore that aqua / mint green mixed in with all those fall brights don't you?  Actually I think that aqua / mint green makes everything better. I'm getting all geared up for fall here.  We planted a small plot of indian corn in the yard and I was amazed with how many ears we got off the bunch.  I'm playing around with the idea of a garden blog so I can show you things I'm doing in the yard - trying to get some details ironed out...  Here's a pic to give you an idea...  Aren't they pretty?




I had lots of fun with this one.. no CAS for you today!!   I cut leaves from bright orange and yellow, and an acorn in purple.  I love all the rich bold colors!!


The sentiment tag was so fun to stamp.  I started with a round tag and stamped the sentiment, then I added different colored leaves and berries along the outer edge.  The stamp set is Waltzingmouse Peace and Plenty.
All the dies I used on this one are from Top Dog Die.   There are lots of layers starting with the Madison Doily on the bottom, burlap cut page banner, toped with a Cherish Doily, and then finally a Dotted Circle Tag.  Even the zig zag border is double cut.  If you look close I used the positive Dotted Border and the opposite cut side with no dots.  The leaves and acorn are from the Fall Foliage set that was released last year.

I hope you find some time to play along!  Need a little more inspiration?  The Fusion Card Challenge DT has you covered.   There's some new teamies you're going to want to meet!   Just click here for samples from your favorite designers and get all the details to play along!











Supplies:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Peace & Plenty
Dies:  Top Dog Dies Fall Foliage, Dotted Borders, Madison Doily, Dotted Tags, Page Banner Die, Cherish Doilies
Pattern Paper:  Simple Stories Summer Vibes
1/4" Satin SU!
Twisted Burlap May Arts

6 comments:

sandie said...

All these colours are amazing and what great layering. Wow those corn look yummy x

Diane Jaquay said...

What a glorious mix of color, pattern, and texture!! Love this, Jeanne!

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful fall card Jeanne!! Such pretty layers!

Sharron said...

Love the wonderful fall colors--such a beautiful card with all the layering and texture! And the corn is so gorgeous--gosh, there are so many variations in colors. I would love to see a blog with pictures of your garden--maybe even a few daylilies too!

Karren said...

So much fabulous detail and gorgeous colors as well!

cm said...

Your card is filled with autumn splendour, from the colours to the images. Love it! And your corn: oh my goodness! So very pretty! We rarely see corn like this here (actually, not much grown in Alberta at all) so your photo is a special treat!
Hugs~c