Sunday, November 22, 2015

Christmas Morning

We just got our first snow of the season in the Chicago area. It seemed really unexpected because we've had such an unseasonably warm Fall. It picked the perfect day to land - Saturday! Something about waking up first thing in the morning - particularly on a day when you have no where you "have to be" to find a blanket of snow on the ground. I wish you could have seen the dog investigating like it was some strange substance from another world. Too funny!
I always associate snow with Christmas - spending time with my kids during Christmas break from school - keeping them busy making snowmen, helping me cook or having a pajama day. This die cut image of Amelia made me think of times when I'd let the kids "sneak" a present from under the tree a little early - something to keep them occupied while I was "taking care of business" doing laundry or other chore. My daughter always wanted a doll that looked "just like her" like the little lady in the image.
I love to mix pattern papers and while you might not think to put sheet music next to stripes of colored chevrons, just about anything will work if you add a little border of solid colored card stock. The paper I used today is from the Holiday Cheer Collection.
I always start with a flat base for my cards, and add embellishments with adhesive foam tape. By popping up the die cut image I can run twine under them (between the adhesive foam) or tuck a button, pin, or wood embellishments here and there without making them too hefty to fit in an envelope. 

I think this image would make a great birthday card for a "Little Miss" too. Pretty Little Studio has lots of die cut images that are perfect for capturing your favorite memories and documenting them in layouts. You can see them all here. 

Enjoy your snow days! 


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Pretty Little Studio Products
Die Cut: Amelia
Pattern Paper: Holiday Cheer Collection
Stamp Set:  Waltzingmouse 2011 Holiday Ornaments
Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders, Paper Smooches Flag Tags
The Twinery Maraschino Twine
Wood Veneer Snowflake Stampin Up!
Gem
Star Pin Maya Road

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
And no snow please...
I'm not ready for it!
It can come in on December 24th...
as long as it leaves December 26th...
and then I'm ready for spring! :)

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE card Jeanne!! We haven't had snow yet...but then again I'm in no hurry!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this, Jeanne, so pretty!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too adorable. I love those sweet little ladies.

Marybeth said...

Love the color and this sweet image you used. I bought some of them and just love them! I loved the pictures of the snow you posted of FB just beautiful! Its been warm here I have been running around town in flip flop and rolled jeans. Going to get cold for us soon.

cm said...

Time for my gallery walk to catch up on your fabulous creations (I'm starting to think my 'late commenting' is deliberate, so I can have an eye-candy feast all at once...sort of like a sugar rush *grin*). The image is so precious; she reminds me of my niece (although she's more blonde). As always, you've accessorized her beautifully! Your pup playing in the snow...so sweet! We had a scatter of rain this morning which, onto of the snow, makes for some 'tentative' walking. The sun's about to shine though, so hopefully, the sheen will be gone by the time I'm done work (early dismissal day for me...yayyyy!)
Hugs~c