Friday, February 19, 2016

Tag You're It - Sweet Love




Hi and thanks for stopping by!  Can you believe it's Friday already?    I hope you have a little down time this weekend to do a little crafting!  It's my favorite way to wind down from a busy day.  Just a little quiet time to relax, the same way you'd do with a book you get lost in. I love making tags - the come together quicker than a card and you can put as much or as little as you want on them.  In a way I think they remind me of the artist trading cards.  They're just a little "canvas" to work on - but you can really personalize it any way you like.   The inspiration this time at Tag You're It  Challenge is from Kara Lynne Progreba!  It's super cute - I love the pattern paper background, the cute critters and the word die cut!  Did you see the tail of the fox extends off the edge of the tag?   I mean .. isn't this adorable?     






I kept all the elements of the design that I loved... the pattern paper background, cute critter and word die.  I even added a button through the hole at the top of the tag.. just like Kara Lynne!
I felt like my word die cut was fading into the busy, colorful skunk image so I triple cut the word die.. gold, light pink, dark pink.    This makes it stand out - hold it's own.
I have to have a little bling so I added some gold enamel dots, wood veneer hearts to go with that pretty floral button, and two shades of Twinery Twine - Denim and Blossom. 
Ok now it's your turn!  Check out more designs from the rest of the team - and link up your designs here at the Tag You're It Challenge Blog!

Supplies: 
Stamp:  Serendipity Skunk
Die Cuts:  Serendipity Stamps Love Word Die, Cheery Lynn Mandy Doily, Poppystamps Main Street Tags
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey Typeset Collection 12"
Twinery Twine:  Blossom & Denim 
Enamel Dots 
Wood Veneer Hearts Ruby Rock It!, Wood Button Jillibean Soup

13 comments:

Donna said...

Super cute image, Jeanne. Adorable little critter. x

Diane Jaquay said...

How adorable!!

Darnell said...

What a fun and whimsical tag of love, Jeanne! That is such a cute skunk and he looks so handsome nestled in your fabulous layers!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

I smell a super sweet tag!

Anonymous said...

That little skunk is so adorable!! Makes me smile!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is too cute, Jeanne! Beautiful coloring on the skunk and flowers, and I love how you added dimension with your die cut sentiment...so fun!

Janis said...

Awwww....the wee skunk holding the bouquet is just charming. What a pretty tag!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Lisa Elton said...

Pure sweetness!!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh....this is so stinkin' cute, love your little pepe le pew!

Marybeth said...

Oh... were all going to say the same thing.... Yep, this is too stinking cute! Love that stinky guy! Sorry so late to comment :(

anja curvers said...

This is so cute and awesome so many lovely details.

Kara Lynne said...

Jeanne, I love your adorable tag! Your details are so beautiful! I love the doily separating the little cutie from your wonderful patterned paper! I also love that fantastic button, and the way you layered up your die cut word! Oh what I am saying, I love it all!

cm said...

I thought I'd commented on your darling Pepe Le Pew tag, but...apparently not. Oh well, a second helping of delight is always a joy. Yes, stinkin' cute!
Hugs~c