Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cinco de Mayo Fiesta

Are you getting ready for Cinco de Mayo?  Cinco de Mayo commemorates Mexico's victory against the French during the Battle of Puebla in 1862.  It's a celebration of Mexican pride and heritage.  We use it as a reason to get together with our friends - good friends, good food and conversation.   I made a colorful card using stamps inspired by Mexican Papel Picado. The banners are a classic south of the border decoration for a fiesta! 

To add more color to my banners I added strips of colorful Twinery Twine behind them. I matched the twine color to the banner color. For example on the pink banner I used Pink Sorbet in Solid and original striped. I tied a simple loop knot on both ends and attached the twine to the back of the banner with a bit of washi tape. Next I trimmed the twine and adhered the banner to the embossed card base with some adhesive foam tape.

Easy peasy right? A little gem and a sprinkle of clear sequins adds some sparkle and shine. The twine along with these simple embellishments bring this card to life.

There is a Twinery twine color to match just about any of your stamping inks ! I used Caribbean, Pea Pod, Marigold, Lilac, Maraschino and Pink Sorbet in Solid and original striped.
I hope you celebrate with a little fiesta of your own! 

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"


Twinery Twine Carribbean, Peapod, Marigold, Lilac, Marachino, Pink Sorbet
Stamps | Avery Elle Papel Picado Banners
Embossing Folder 
Stampin' Up! Decorative Dots

6 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...LOVE your card! It's like a party on a card, so fun and so festive! Just love all the bright and beautiful colors.

Diane Jaquay said...

How cool is this, LOVE it!!

Patti said...

Oh how sweet! this is just the most delightful party on a card!

Patti

Marybeth said...

What a fun card! I love your colorful banner! We know someone who has a birthday on that day! No fiesta here but I am sure we will have a drink. :)

Lisa Elton said...

Your banners are so fun, a pretty and festive card Jeanne!

cm said...

A card infused with vibrancy and celebration! Gorgeous! Your fiesta gathering sounds like such marvelous fun...
Hugs~c