Friday, June 24, 2016

TYIC#50 Watercolor Floral

HI and thanks for stopping by!  I hope you like tags!  A new challenge begins today at Tag You're It!  Check out the inspiration from design team member Kelly Szafron this week!     I think she took me out of my comfort zone a little bit with this one.  I didn't focus on the subject matter (the strawberry) so much as the technique she used to create this lovely tag.

I stamped a floral image and embossed it on watercolor paper.  Next I water colored the image to get the same look as Kelly!  I used my Zig Clean Color Brushes and a water pen to spread the color around.  (I got mine at Pretty Pink Posh)

This took me more than a few tries before I was happy with the result.  Sometimes I get a little carried away.  I went mad spraying and spritzing as a finishing touch, and it just kept coming back looking like it got dropped in a puddle.  So no splotches for this little gal!  :) 


I kept lots of elements the same as Kelly's tag - the double tag, circular bitty tag for a sentiment, and a few additions of my own.. some sequins and a bow.  Seems like forever since I've tied a bow.. am I turning CAS? 
The Zig Cean Color brushes gave me more control in the tight areas of this stamped images.  I think this would have been nearly impossible for me with just a brush and pan colors. 
I got lucky with the sentiments in this stamp set from Stampin' Up!  They had  one small enough to fit on this bitty tag! 

Ok one more photo! 
Now it's your turn ! I sure hope you'll join us at Tag You're It!  Step out of your comfort zone and see what you can create with this fun technique!









Stamps | Stampin' Up! I Like You
Die | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Banner Duo 2 | Spellbinder Charmed I'm Sure
Twinery Pink Sorbet Twine
Hole Punch We R Memory Keepers 
Ribbon May Arts 5/8" Fuschia Mesh
Pattern Paper | Doodlebug Sweet Things 6"

9 comments:

!neke said...

This is a great tag !
great colors !

Dr Sonia S V said...

So refreshing to look at...your coloring is fabulous

Diane Jaquay said...

Lovely watercoloring on this, Jeanne!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeane this is so fantastic! I am in love with how you watercoloured those flowers and that is a technique that I have been in love to do lately! Your bow is outstanding, I could never tie one like that, I am in awe!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh what pretty colors, this is just delightful!!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely stunning, Jeanne! Really love all those bold, bright, GORGEOUS colors, and your watercoloring is so deliciously fresh!

Sharron said...

Beautiful tag, Jeanne! The blooms are so lovely. I've been really happy with my Zigs too. They seem to make coloring a breeze, And your gorgeous bow is perfection, as always!!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful tag Jeanne...so pretty.

Darnell said...

This is amazing, Jeanne! Your signature style of vibrant colors are fantastic and that bow - swoon!! (I don't get along too well with splotches and splatters either!) Hugs, Darnell