Wednesday, August 31, 2016

12 Kits of Occasions August


It's the last day of the month.. do you know what that means?  It's time for the 12 Kits of Occasions.  If you're not familiar with us - we're a group of 12 friends who love to paper craft and make cards.  Every month we take turns making a kit for the rest of the group.  We all receive the same kit with the same items.  On the last day of the month we reveal what we made with the kit.  It's fun to see how are designs are similar (great minds think alike) or very different.

For me these kits represent lots of things.. Each one is a reflection of the creator.   It gives me a chance to see through the eyes of a friend. I've been introduced to lots of new products this way - things I never would have found on my own.   It also challenges me to work with products I might not choose to work with.  We all have different tastes, styles, color and product preferences.   
Most of all it's the sense of camaraderie I feel with the others in this group.  We have our love of crafting in common.  That opens the door to our hearts and makes us thick as thieves.

Our hostess with the mostest this month is Lisa Elton. You can find Lisa on her blog My Paper Tales. Lisa is also the creator of the Sweet Pea Stamp Set at the Precious Remembrance Shop.

Here's a peek at the beautiful kit she sent us.  It had loads of GOLD - gold foil, gold glitter, gold twine ..   vellum papers.. rich heavy embossed papers.. die cut words, die cut frames and tags from Pretty Pink Posh, doilies and the prettiest embroidered ribbon you ever saw!   Stamped images included Lisa's beautiful Sweet Pea set, and the cute girls from My Favorite Things.  There were even felt cut flowers ready to roll and some of the Pretty Pink Posh Sweet Pea sequin mix created to coordinate with Lisa's Stamp Set.

You can get a complete list of all the supplies here on the 12 Kits of Occasions Blog.   AND if you leave a comment there this time you will have a chance to play along with us next month - the theme is THIS IS HALLOWEEN. 

Here's what I came up with - 4 cards and a gift box.  Lisa included the die cut box - all I had to do was dress it up! 
Want to see what the rest of the team made with this beautiful kit?  Just click on their names below or hop on over to the 12 Kits of Occasions Blog where you can see a sample from each designer.  While you're there don't forget to leave a comment for your chance to play along with us next month! 

Lisa Elton - My Paper Tales (Our hostess this month!)


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!
 


17 comments:

Birgit said...

Love all this sweetness! What a lovely "girly" kit and your projects are amazing as always, Jeanne! Sassy pants is just too cute!!

KimCreate said...

Gorgeous cards made with this beautiful kit! So awesome.

Marybeth said...

Swooning over each and every beautiful card here today ! I love that one of our cards are so much alike; the one with the felt flowers. I keep going back to try and study how you make all the layers come together so beautifully , love your pretty white box too!

I Card Everyone said...

Just stop it!!! OH MY goodness girl ... you DO have a way with embellishments!!! LOve your gift box, and that darling in her Oshkosh B'Gosh-like overalls!!! Your visits today were a wonderful gift as well ... xx
=]

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! Your cards are just too cute! I think I like your dressed up box the best with that pretty ribbon. STUNNING design!!

Lisa Elton said...

Ahhhh, each and every one a layered work of art Jeanne!! I love the rolled flowers with the frame and teeny butterflies. It's perfectly feminine!! Thanks so much for making my kit shine!!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Miss Jeanne, always a treat visiting you! Your cards are nothing short of amazing. And the sweet box, oh my, simply stunning! And you blow me away with your comments... just want you to know, I'm ready for anything you throw my way!

Maria said...

Absolutely beautiful projects using the kit, Jeanne!! Love the PI images and the pillow box is so very pretty!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Each of these are so beautiful just like the kit. I love how you stated that the kits are a reflection of the creator--so true! Love that we both used Miss sassy pants with the same paper, so cute!! Love all of your fabulous designs and awesome photography! ;)

Greta said...

Wow--you were so creative with the elements Lisa sent! I need to case you! Really love the first card!

Joyce said...

Ackkkk. So many lovely creations. You do such an incredible job mixing, matching and combining ingredients, so that each card is a work of art. The stunner for me today is your ribbon wrapped pillowbox. Love that, and still have all the goodies to make my own.

Lindsey said...

Jeanne, you've worked your magic again! I can never pick a favorite...I love everything you make! But my three favorite things you did that I thought were completely genius are the way you used the green vine die cuts on top of each other...they draw the eye so beautifully to your sentiment, the way you used the flower as a sun (so cute!), and the way you folded the doily over your simply elegant looking pillow box. Oh, how you inspire me!

Aileen said...

Absolutely love your make from this kit. Ahhh if only we could buy kits like this after seeing everyones makes. So pretty, love them all.

Kathy Mc said...

Adorable, Jeanne! Lisa put together a fabulous-looking kit, and your projects showcased it beautifully.

Tracey McNeely said...

Each of your sweet cards is done with perfection Jeanne. I love seeing what you do with our kits, always unexpected and I think I wish I could layer like that! Thanks for sharing them Jeanne! xo

Sharron said...

I never know where to start, Jeanne! Every design is always so amazing! Your PI girls are just precious! Love the bright colors on the first one. Those tiny white dots are such a sweet touch too. The layering is perfection as always, with all the right detailing. For instance, using some yellow on the pea pod adds wonderful dimension. I never thought of another color.

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, the little freckles you put on the MFT girls are the cutest! Those two cards are my favorite of the bunch, so sweet, cheery, bright! And the gold framed "love" card is the perfect design of layered goodness. You have the perfect eye for how to set up such a beautiful scene on a card!