Monday, August 29, 2016

Pawsitively Perfect!!

Thanks for stopping by! We're sharing a little Puppy Love at The Twinery over the next few days and I've got a sweet little card to share! I love incorporating twine into my projects as a way to add color and texture. This one has lots of different colors - a treat for your eyes!
I started by stamping a tag with a punny sentiment and some cute little paw prints. Next I got out my ruler and drew a pencil dot ever 1/4" to help me punch holes in a nice straight row down the side of the tag.

Now the fun part... attaching lengths of colorful twine along the edge of the card. There's so many colors to choose from.. why pick only one?

I didn't want to distract from the bright twine colors, so I threaded the tag with charcoal twine and colored my puppies in neutral shades (Copic W's).
Aren't these little guys the sweetest?





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Twinery Twine Pink Sorbet, Marachino, Mandarin, Marigold, Peapod, Caribbean, Denim, Orchid, Lilac, Charcoal
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Puppy Love
Dies | Reverse Confetti Puppy Love, Big Stripes Cover Panel, Tag Me Too
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Ooohhh love it!

Lisa Elton said...

This pair of pups is adorable! And what a fun way to use the twine!

BenteS said...

So many pretty cards you have made since my last visit!
Love the last one with all the twines :))

Peanut said...

LOVE the idea of adding all that twine! A genius move, Jeanne!
x Asha

cm said...

Oh my! Your sentiment says it all: Pawsitivity Perfect! Brilliant showcase of the twines and the puppies are adorable! Look: the little girl even has a bow and they both have freckles! ACK! Love this!
Hugs~c

Kim Heggins said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

I just bought this stamp set and now seeing this card makes me want to ink it up immediately, LOVE it!!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is so pretty, Jeanne! I love this twine idea!

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable! The way you used the twine on the tag is genius and looks beautiful! I love that idea!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card and so cute! Love the bright twine border, an awesome idea! xxx

Joyce said...

Oh, such an incredible way to incorporate color, and I adore your little puppy dog stamps.