Monday, August 1, 2016

Poppystamps Challenge - Shake it Up!


I told you it was a great day for playing challenges! Here's another new one from Poppystamps! If you love dies - you'll love these from Poppystamps! They're from the creator of Memory Box - Dave Brethauer, and they are the same quality and beautiful designs you've come to love. Our challenge this month is "Shake it Up!" We're looking for shaker cards for any occasion.  You can find the challenge here on the Poppystamps blog.  Just click on the tab at the top of the page or the challenge button on the side bar.  It will always take you to the latest challenge.
Shakers are so easy to make with different die cut shapes.  Here's mine for today's challenge.. 

I started with a watercolor panel that I cut the Stitched Web die from.  I cut a second web die from silvery glitter paper to insert into the opening.   I put plastic sheeting on the inside of the water color panel, and attached the web to the plastic on the front of the panel.
Next I created a wall of foam tape surrounding the die cut opening on the back of the water color panel.  I left an opening at the top so I could pour in the sequins after I attached it to the card base.  

I used a piece of scrap paper to create a funnel, and then poured the mix of sequins inside.  Lastly I added a strip of adhesive foam tape to close the opening.
What was left?  Decorating!  I added a spooky mansion under a full moon, and ghosts! 

I drew a string from the web and added a little die cut spider.  I put a jewel on his back because some part of me thinks that everything that is evil should be attractive.   I mean if it wasn't appealing why would we be so tempted by it's allure? 


All the dies are from Poppystamps except the stitched circle - that's from Memory Box.  
This will be a special treat for someone at Halloween - If I can pry it out of my hands and part with it!  I'm smitten with a shaker card and Halloween is my favorite holiday!  I hope you'll stop by and join us at the Poppystamps Challenge.  You only need to use one Poppy die on your project, and we'd love to see what you make! 




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Haunted Mansion, Stitched Cobweb, Bitty Spider, Group of Ghosts, Jumbled Boo | Memory Box Open Studio Stitched Circle Layers
Peerless Watercolors
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins

11 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh my goodness...such a cute card! I love the card design as well as the colors used...just awesome!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! Jeanne, I just LOVE this Halloween shaker! It's bright and colorful and in some really fun colors too! This is such a creative idea!
Take care!
Michele

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Jeanne this one is simply amazing...never seen a spider web shaker. Its simply fabulous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Diane Jaquay said...

What a fun, fantastic Halloween card!!

Marybeth said...

What a fun shaker, don’t you just love that house! Love the background too!

Lisa Elton said...

Too cute to spook!! I like that cute house and your sparkly web!

Sharron said...

Wow, such a cool card! Love the wonderful shaker and those adorable little ghosties! Purple was the perfect background color!

msmith434343 said...

Oh, how adorable!! I just love the purple background! I love seeing the close-ups, too! Just so adorable! That mansion! I hope you have a great week! Melissa

Annette Allen said...

Your card is absolutely perfect.. I love the colors you used what a great blend of bright and fun colors.. LOVE IT. :)

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! This is so cute!! I LOVE the fun way you used that spider web...and created it in silver!! All the layers are fabulous over that purple watercolor!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Boo-licious!