Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Remind a Sistah - CASual Fridays Calling All Sistah's!

Thanks for stopping by! It's the 17th of the month - that means that it's time for our "montly" check up! This month's theme is "Remind A Sistah". we want you to remind and encourage one of your Sistah's to do her monthly self breast exam or schedule her yearly mammogram.  If you're following along on the hop you should have reached me from  Rahmat Gouse's blog.  If you want to start from the beginning and get all the details you can find them here at Casual Fridays Stamps!


1 in 8 women in the U.S. will develop invasive breast cancer in her lifetime. Early detection is so important for treatment! We want all the women in our lives to know how important they are to us and how much we want them to live strong healthy lives.

CAS-ual Fridays owner Michele is a survivor. She designed a line of stamps to provide support and to promote awareness. Profits from the sale of products in the "Calling All Sistahs" campaign are donated to breast cancer

If you're following along on the hop you should have reached me from the blog. If you'd like to start from the beginning and get all the details you can start here at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.  


I created this card by taking a white card stock panel and cutting an oval in the center to create a frame.  I added Ranger Angel Pink Distress Ink around the oval edges to add color and give it a soft look.  I do like the color pink, and that is the color associated with Breast Cancer Awareness so that's the color I went with.
I stamped images from the Casual Comfort set in different shades of pink around the outside of the frame.  I used pigment inks for a softer look.
I inked up another panel of white card stock with more Ranger Angel Pink Distress Ink, and flicked it with some watered down ink to get some random spots here and there.   When it was dry I stamped the sentiment.


I adhered the frame to the base with adhesive foam tape to add some dimension -  I think it gives it more of the look of a "frame" than if I had left it flat. 

Looking for more ideas for ways to encourage a loved one to go get checked? The next stop on this hop is..Gwendolyn Estrada.   BUT WAIT!!! Before you go... please make sure you leave a comment! There will be 3 $15 gift certificates to CASual Fridays Stamps awarded to hoppers who leave comments! you have until August 18th at 12:00 am EST to leave a comment.
Here's a complete hop list for easy reference....



Jeanne Jachna (That's Me!)
Heather North Our wonderful Sistah's Blog Hop Coordinator! Make sure you stop by and say hi! Heather keeps us looking good!!




Want to go shopping?  If you see something you like I hope you will use my special discount code. Any commission that would normally go to me for your purchase has been redirected to CASual Fridays to use toward Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I accept no commission for the use of products on my blog and only use and endorse products that I love and would recommend. Here's a link to the CASual Fridays Stamps Store.


Happy Hopping!







Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CASual Fridays
Dies | Spellbinder Classic Oval
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Watermelon
Ranger Distress Ink Angel Pink | Impress Fresh Ink

12 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this, Jeanne, it has such a dreamy quality!

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Your card is so pretty with the soft shading around the circle and the faded flowers.

Marybeth said...

So pretty in pink! Love the sentiment!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely card Jeanne!

Kara said...

Beautiful card!

Russell Productions said...

Love the card and message.

TK said...

Gorgeous! and what a fitting sentiment!

Heather North said...

Isn't this sentiment encouraging and empowering?! Every time I read it, I am touched. Your stamped and sponged frame is lovely way to showcase the sentiment.

Sue D said...

Very pretty. I like the colors and the shading around the oval.

Mary Holshouser said...

Very pretty.
Love all of the vines coming out
of the sentiment.
thanks for sharing.

Sharron said...

So pretty! Love the soft pinks and the wonderful sentiment!

Nora Noll said...

This is so soft and pretty!! I LOVE that you used these two sets together!! Amazing card!!