Wednesday, August 31, 2016

SSCB#59 Leave It Bare - Lilacs


Hi and thanks for stopping by!  The first of the month is a very busy day here!  Lots of new challenges for you - and thank goodness lots of time for you to play along!   It's a holiday weekend so I hope you find a little crafty time to play.  The latest challenge at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog is "Leave it Bare".  I think lots of us are intimidated by the detailed images you will find at Serendipity Stamps.   Especially those of us who didn't take a Copic coloring class! LOL!  (Yes that includes me!)

That means that there are no excuses for not playing along with this time. There's lots of other ways to add color, and seriously, I think a detailed stamp looks amazing left just "as is".  Let the image do all the talking!! 
I inked up this detailed lilac stamp with Ranger Seedless Preserves Ink.  I spritzed it with water and then stamped it on Canson XL Watercolor paper.   When it was dry I mixed a little more ink with water and splashed it over the design. 
It looked a little "flat" to me - yes even with all that color!  To add a little "umph" I die cut the Hello word die into the design.  I stacked 3 die cut to add dimension.  You can see it better here. 

 That's better right?   Now to embellish my layout.. I added a stitched border from Pretty Pink Posh along the left edge.  Did you know Serendipity Stamps has these in stock in the store?   They're a great compliment to Mary's images.

I wrapped some Twinery Natural Twine around the cover of the card and added a sprinkle of wood veneer sequins (also available at Serendipity).
Want to go shopping?  The 50% off Stamp of the Month for September is the Postoid Cling Set! 

We've got more "bare" designs from the rest of the team - just click on their names below!



I hope you have time to play - you can link up your designs here at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog. Have a great weekend!







Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Serendipity Stamps Lilacs
Dies | Serendipity Stamps Hello Word Die
Sequins | Serendipity Bamboo & Mahogany
Twinery Natural Twine

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful and right no excuses, hopefully next week after the kids have gone!!

Marybeth said...

Amazing!!!!! I love your almost hidden hello! What a beautiful way to add vibrant color to a card that is not colored in!

Sue McRae said...

That's one beautiful card Jeanne!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Jeanne! Love the bright fuchsia color & the die cut greeting in the center of the image.

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous colors Jeanne, this is so regal!

Sharron said...

Beautiful, Jeanne! Love the plaid background!

Donna said...

You've chosen a very beautiful stamped image here, Jeanne. It looks fantastic. X

Patti said...

Oh I love this so much!! what a delightful way to "Leave it Bare" while still adding so much!!!! interest!

Great job friend!!

Patti