Friday, August 26, 2016

Tupelo Designs | Crafty Friends

Thanks for stopping by!  I have some happy news to share today!  I'm joining the Design Team at Tupelo Designs!  I know what you're thinking.. I'm already on lots of design teams... right?   I think you know by now that I'm totally ADDICTED to paper crafts - cardmaking is my OBSESSION!  I LOVE every team I work with.  I couldn't use the brands I work with or recommend them to you if I didn't.  The thing is that I LOVE so many things I see.  I honestly couldn't afford to purchase all the products I LOVE.  Design Teams afford me the ability to work with products I love and help defer the cost of my crafty budget.  So many wonderful things so little time. Sigh...

That's what makes this team even better.  Tupelo Designs is a store that carries so many of the brands that I love.   Like Avery Elle, WPlus9, Concord & 9th, Waffle Flower and so many more!!  I found Tupelo Designs when I went looking for those Clarity Brushes that are all the rage.  My "regular" store was out of stock - but Tupelo had them - and they had free shipping too!  So I thought I would give them a try.  My package arrived in beautiful condition - like a gift just for me.  They even had a little freebee inside - a package of wood buttons (do these folks know me or what?)  So when I saw the design team call I thought I'd give it a go. 
I made this card with Concord & 9th "You're My Person" set.  I stamped the image in brown ink to give it a softer look, and then colored it with copic markers.  This stamp has lots of open space so I added a very light shade of each color around the outside of each image.  So for example.. the yellow flowers have a very light yellow outline around the outside, the green leaves have a green outline etc.
I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Ink, - it's crisp and clean and great for detailed images.  I trimmed them by hand and adhered them over the floral bouquet.   I love this sentiment - perfect for all my crafty friends.  
The stamp set has some solid images so you can stamp them on the outline design instead of coloring it if you like.  I used these images to create a watermark look by stamping them in a soft pink randomly around the page.  The finishing touch was adding a  few gems to the flower centers to add some sparkle and shine!
If you haven't discovered Tupelo Designs yet I hope you'll give them a try - they ship most orders within 24 hours and shipping on orders $50 and up is always free.










Finished Size 4.25  x 5.5"
Stamps | Concord & 9th You're My Person
Dies | Avery Elle Scalloped Frames
Ink | Memento Tuxedo Black, Angel Pink, Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Markers
Gems

8 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations, Jeanne. X

Shirley said...

Beautiful, awesome colors, love your card.

Diane Jaquay said...

Congratulations, Jeanne, I don't know how you do all that you do, but more power to ya for being able to do it lol! LOVE your card today, vibrant and gorgeous!!!

cm said...

WOW! Another team for you = more delights for us to ooh and ahh over, like this stunning version of the Concord & 9th set that's sitting in my want list (need to figure out better colouring techniques before I invite it to come home with me)! So glad that card-making is your obsession...er, passion! Oh, how I wish I could afford all the goodies that cross my plate. I'd even be ecstatic with free shipping to Canada *grin* LOVE your card and cheering your new role. Off to check out Tupelo...
Hugs~c

Nora Noll said...

Oh WOW!! I LOVE this card!! Really like how you stamped extra flowers in the background with all the white space. I also adore the way you placed the sentiment strips. Amazing design!! Good luck with the DT. I am sure you will make it!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations and so gorgeous! I love that you are on all these teams so I can live vicariously in your blog! xoxo

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats Jeanne, so happy of you!! What a pretty card and a FUN sentiment!!

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely gorgeous.