Wednesday, February 1, 2017

RCSFYTT February 2017 - Hugs & Kisses!

Welcome February!  Don't you love how each and every month has some event for us to celebrate?  February always gets me thinking of Valentine's Day so that's what I reached for to kick off the new Reverse Confetti Sketch For You To Try!  You have the whole month to play along and you can link up your projects here on the Reverse Confetti blog.  Just click the badge in the right margin and it will get you there every time. 

I'm a big fan of a sketch challenge because let's face it.. sometimes you want to play along with a challenge and you just draw a blank.

I had two bases covered here... first I knew I wanted to make a Valentine and second, the layout was already planned out for me.  

I started with a heart cover panel background that I filled with different pieces of pattern paper from the True Love 6" pack.  I left some of the hearts "empty" to let the Flamingo card stock peek through.

For the rectangle shape in the sketch I layered a Lacy Scallop Frame with Piggy Bank Card Stock.  I topped that with a few circles - one from Circles 'n Scallops and one with piercing from Detailed Circles Confetti Cuts. 
The sentiment from Crazy About You is stamped on a banner die cut from Tag Me.  I was originally going to put the row of x's and o's as a watermark behind the black stamped sentiment but it got lost, so I added it under the sentiment.   I hooked the Arrow Confetti Cut on the sentiment for a little whimsy.  

Need a little more inspiration?  You can see more samples, and get all the details here on the Reverse Confetti blog.  I'd sure love to see what you make! 




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Crazy About You
Dies | Reverse Confetti All Heart Cover Panel. Lacy Scallop Frame, Tag Me, Arrow. XOXO Hearts, Circles 'n Scallops, Detailed Circles
Pattern Paper | Reverse Confetti True Love 6"




7 comments:

~amy~ said...

pure perfection!

Nora Noll said...

This is dreamy!! I LOVE the gold with the red and the pink!!

Lisa Elton said...

This pretty Valentine makes my heart happy Jeanne! Love the sprinkles of gold and those sweet pink and white stripes!

Kim H. said...

This is adorable!! I love your card so much!! :)

cm said...

Pink and gold; hearts and arrows; hugs and kisses: yes, the perfect Valentine! Another delight!
Hugs~c

Mrsfish02 said...

Pink and shine, love it. Valentine's beauty.

Claire Grantham said...

Everything about this card is perfection, it is stunning!! I love that background heart plate and the shimmering glittery accents. Clairex