Thursday, June 1, 2017

Poppystamps Challenge #33 Rainbow Wishes

Happy June!  I know!! Summer's here right?  It's the first of the month and lots of new challenges begin today like this one at Poppystamps called Rainbow Wishes!  They're looking for cards that have a rainbow of colors!  
I started this one with a background of washi tape from my favorite brand MT - it's from Japan and I am always delighted with the quality.  It's sticky enough to stay put, but not too strong that you can't move it if is in the wrong place. I've had some brands where the whole roll is stuck together.. never with MT.  I suggest you use mostly solid washi colors for this technique.
Next I die cut the Poppystamps Sweet Pea and Scribble Helo dies from the panel.  I die cut them again from white card stock and inserted them into the washi panel securing them on the reverse side.

I chose gold glitter paper to fill the Sweet Pea Flowers - I knew the gold would be strong enough to hold it's own against all those colorful patterns.
I cut the dies three more times from white card stock and adhered them together so they lift off the card base.  This adds dimension and helps define the die cuts.

I added a few sequins in bold colors to add some sparkle and shine! 




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Scribble Hello, Sweet Pea Flowers 




3 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

Jeanne, I love your colorful background! It looks so pretty with the pretty sweet pea flowers!
Take care!
Michele

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun background, this is cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

Can't tell you enough how much I love this one!