Thursday, July 20, 2017

Fusion Card Challenge - Powell Butterfly Hello


Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great day!  A new challenge from Fusion Card Challenge begins today!  Check it out!

There's lots to like in the clean and simple photo inspiration.. a pretty hand writing font hello in gold on a card stock base.  You can work with the photo, or if you're just not feeling it then go with the sketch!  Feeling clever?  Fuse them both together!


I zoomed in on the gold on a card stock base.  You know me.. I just haven't mastered the CAS thing yet.. so I covered my card stock with beautiful Poppystamps Powell Butterfly die cuts.
To create this card I cut the butterfly die several times.  I arranged them on my card stock base and adhered them all in place. I placed an acrylic block over them to keep them flat while they dried.  A few hours later I came back and trimmed the panel slightly smaller than my card base.
I cut the Poppystamps Big Luxe Hello once from gold foil and twice from white card stock.  I adhered them together to make the die cut thick and easy to work with.

I loosely wound gold twine around my fingers several times before adhering the "hello" word die over the string.  The die cut is holding the string in place.

Gold enamel dots add more gold sparkle and shine to this design and help draw your eye back to the center of the card.

The delicate white die cut butterflies are like lace letting the colored card stock background peek through.  This technique is fun and looks beautiful! I hope you'll try it with some of the die cuts you already have in your collection.

Want to see more designs inspired by this challenge photo? Head on over to the Fusion Card Challenge blog where you'll see cards from our amazing designers that will get your mojo jump started!  We can't wait to see what you make!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Powell Butterfly, Big Luxe Hello

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

So pretty Jeanne!

Pat Gasko said...

Oh How Pretty

Karren said...

Oh wow, Jeanne, this card is stunning! The butterflies in the background look perfect with the gold hello.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love this one, Jeanne! The color combination is perfect, and I love that bright gold hello!

Sally's Sentiments said...

Positively gorgeous! Really well done - I love it

Linda Callahan said...

Wow the gold is fabulous against the turquoise and the die cut butterflies make a wonderful background!

Sharron said...

Beautiful clean, fresh look!

Stampingcountry said...

What a happy hello card! Your cool blue looks fabulous with gold!