Monday, March 5, 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Peace and Comfort

I hope life is treating you good. Another reminder to enjoy every single day. Today I made a sympathy card. This is the one type of card that I NEVER make. I use my crafting as a sweet escape and always try to fill it with "happy" and bright colors. This one is for a special friend and a store bought card just isn't going to cut it. 
I stamped a white card stock panel with florals from the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Peace and Comfort stamp set in shades of blue. I only stamped around the edges of the panel because my sentiment panel covers the center of the card.. This saved some worry and planning since I don't have to worry about how the flower print will come together in the center.
The images are all double stamped - I used lighter colors for the solid image, and a darker shade of ink for the detail image.  If you look close you'll see I added some dots with a Copic Marker to fill the empty areas.  This adds more color and completes the design.
I stamped the sentiment in colored ink - something I should do more often. I really like the way it matches the background stamping.
I know that a hand made card will let my friend know that she means the world to me and that my heart is with her. 


Want to go shopping? If you see something you like I hope you will use my special discount code. You'll save 15% off your ENTIRE order - sale items included! Any commission that would normally go to me for your purchase has been redirected to CAS-ual Fridays to use toward Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I accept no commission for the use of products on my blog and only use and endorse products that I love and would recommend. Here's a link to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Store.



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Peace & Comfort

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful Jeanne! It's definitely going to lift the spirits of your special friend!

Kim Heggins said...

so beautiful Jeanne...love your wonderful colors and design. I agree with Lisa...this will sure lift the spirits of your special friend.